Michael Lee M.D. – Miami Bioidentical Hormone Doctor
Miami Bioidentical Hormone Doctor Michael Lee, M.D. of BodyLogicMD in Miami Florida is a Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Specialist. Dr. Lee is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, and has been working in the field of hormone replacement therapy for over fourteen years. Dr. Lee made a transition into Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy after attending a groundbreaking conference hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
At the conference, Dr. Lee learned that patients suffering from hormonal imbalances could replace their hormones with those that were exact matches to those produced in the body. Utilizing his new found knowledge, Dr. Lee began to incorporate Bioidentical Hormones into his practice at the University of Miami.
Shortly after this, Michael Lee, M.D. joined BodyLogicMD and opened up his own practice offering custom Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) programs for both men and women in the Miami area.
At BodyLogicMD of Miami, the majority of Dr. Lee’s patients come in to see him because they are experiencing one or many of the uncomfortable symptoms related to aging and hormone decline. Whether it is women suffering from the effects of menopause, or men experiencing the drop in testosterone related to andropause, symptoms of age related hormone decline can include sexual dysfunction, low libido, depression, and fatigue.
Michael Lee, M.D. performs the necessary testing to find out the exact cause of each patient’s symptoms or condition, then develops a custom wellness program aimed at treating the whole patient and not just the one symptom. After discerning existing imbalances, Dr. Lee works together with his patients to come up with a treatment plan that often includes lifestyle changes, supplements, vitamins, and Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. Patients are encouraged and grateful to have a physician truly listen to their concerns and work together with them towards the common goal of total wellness and health.
As a Miami Bioidentical Hormone Doctor, Michael Lee, M.D. has helped countless men and women to improve their health and feel more youthful as they overcome their hormone related symptoms and conditions. A current member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging and Functional Medicine, Dr. Lee actively engages in higher education focused in all of the advanced techniques for Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. With his extensive knowledge and training, Dr. Lee can help men and women to find and achieve optimal hormone balance in almost every stage of life.
Hormones Used in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement
Pregnenolone is a hormone precursor that is involved in the nervous system, and it acts on GABA receptors in the brain to produce feelings of calmness. This hormone is manufactured from cholesterol in the mitochondria, and levels decline with age. Pregnenolone is also an essential precursor for many other hormones, such as estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can balance levels of pregnenolone and prevent symptoms of a deficiency, which may include memory loss, arthritis, depression, and intolerances to stress.
- DHEA is a building block for estrogen and testosterone, and without it, the body cannot make vital hormones. This hormone is abundant during a person’s 20’s and 30’s; however, by the time a person reaches their 60’s, it is typically in short supply due to a decline in production as a natural part of the aging process. DHEA also has several metabolic functions in the human body, and a lack of this hormone can increase triglyceride levels, create insulin resistance, increase fat stores, and increase cholesterol. Balancing DHEA levels with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help men and women to reduce inflammation, metabolic syndrome, and deficiencies of other sex hormones.
- Progesterone is the other primary female sex hormone, and it helps to balance estrogen in order to prevent estrogen dominance. If the progesterone to estrogen ratio is imbalanced, progesterone cannot balance the actions of estrogen, which can increase the risks of breast or uterine cancer, endometriosis, and uterine fibroids. Progesterone also helps to govern the menstrual cycle, and a lack of progesterone can cause infertility, amenorrhea, bloating, water retention, increased PMS symptoms, and anovulation. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can prevent estrogen dominance and reduce the symptoms of low progesterone.
Estrogen is one of the primary female sex hormones, and deficiencies cause many of the symptoms that are associated with menopause. Without adequate estrogen, women cannot maintain body temperature, sleep cycles, reproductive functions, and bone mass. Symptoms of am estrogen deficiency can include hot flashes, night sweats, irregular periods, insomnia, vaginal dryness, and osteoporosis. Balancing estrogen with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can reduce the symptoms of menopause and reduce the risk for osteoporosis.
Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone, and it is important for both men’s and women’s health. In men, it helps to form the secondary sex characteristics, and in both men and women, it helps to maintain muscle mass, bone density, energy, libido, and sexual performance. When testosterone becomes deficient, men and women can have reduced libido, feel lethargic, and experience muscle atrophy. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can restore testosterone to help women and men to increase libido, energy, and muscle tone.
- Cortisol is known as the stress hormone, and it is one of the only hormones that increase with aging. The adrenal glands release cortisol in response to stress, and it is a steroidal hormone that counteracts internal inflammation caused from a stress response. Over time, the body can begin to convert sex hormones, such as estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone into cortisol in order to meet the body’s demands, which can ultimately lead to a sex hormone deficiency. Restoring cortisol with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can prevent joint pain, increased inflammation, allergic reactions, lower immune function, weight gain, poor sleep, and fatigue.
- Insulin is a hormone that is secreted in the pancreas to balance blood sugar. People that eat large quantities of sugar can eventually burn out the cells that secrete insulin in the pancreas, which can lead to Type II Diabetes. A high sugar diet can also lead to insulin resistance, which occurs when the body gets so used to insulin being in the bloodstream that it stops recognizing it is present, rendering it unable to balance blood sugar. Insulin resistance can also lead to Type II Diabetes. Balancing insulin with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can prevent insulin resistance and reduce the risk for Type II Diabetes.
- Thyroid Hormone
- Thyroid Hormone maintains numerous metabolic functions in the body, and without it, a person cannot metabolize carbohydrates, proteins, or fats. Often, thyroid problems can occur during menopause because the ovaries have thyroid receptors, and when estrogen and testosterone become deficient in the body, it can affect the thyroid gland. A lack of thyroid hormone leads to hypothyroidism, which can cause sudden weight gain, fatigue, hair loss, irregular periods, and intolerance to cold. An excessive amount of thyroid production can cause hyperthyroidism, which can lead to unexplained weight loss, tachycardia, insomnia, puffy eyes, moodiness, and constantly feeling warm. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can reduce the symptoms associated with deficient or excessive thyroid hormone production.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Patient Testimonials
I Feel Great Thanks to Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
I first heard about BodyLogicMD through a high school friend of mine; she is in her 40′s, a working mom with 2 young kids and has the energy to train for triathlons. This was especially impressive since she had never been very active. When I asked her how she did it, she told me how everything had changed for her when she started bioidentical hormone therapy with BodyLogicMD. I take pretty good care of myself; I eat healthy and work out 5 or 6 times a week. However, over the last few years I just didn’t have the energy I once had. Getting up in the morning was the worst; partly due to the night sweats which kept me from a good night sleep. After providing all my lab work I met with Dr. Lee to discuss my symptoms and he put me on a customized program. I’ve been on the program for 4 months now and I feel great. I feel rested in the morning, my night sweats are totally gone and I have so much more energy and stamina when I work out.
– Laura P.
I was Always Tired to the Point of Exhaustion
I went to see Dr. Lee of BodyLogicMD Miami after reading an article in the Miami Herald about him. I was always tired to the point of exhaustion, even making things like driving dangerous. I had been feeling drained all the time, no matter what I did. I had gone to several other doctors who summed it up to old age, and to deal with it. That was not acceptable to me so I went and saw Dr. Lee. After a thorough consultation, he ordered blood and saliva tests that revealed my hormone imbalance. Now he checks in with me all the time, and is very thorough. I want to thank BodyLogicMD and specifically Dr. Lee for helping me with Bioidentical Hormones. I have been on the testosterone pellet therapy for almost two years. The difference I feel is remarkable. I am back to being very active and do not feel the same level of exhaustion I used to feel. I am now performing daily activities as I did when I was younger. My mental alertness has allowed me to proceed with working on completing my Masters.
– D.W. Age 56, Retired Chief of Police, Miami, FL
Michael Lee, M.D. of BodyLogicMD of Miami has helped a vast number of men and women to recover from the consequences of hormonal imbalance with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. His customized programs have helped countless women and men in the Miami-Dade County and greater Miami, Florida areas to feel healthier and reverse or eliminated the signs and symptoms of aging. Patients have been able to sleep better, have more energy, and increase their libido with Dr. Lee’s specialized programs.
To learn more about obtaining a customized Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy plan, contact Miami Bioidentical Hormone Doctor, Michael Lee, M.D. at the BodyLogicMD of Miami to schedule a consultation today!